Opening the app
This app has no malware content. However, Apple warns of apps from unregistered developers as shown below.
You can just click open using the right button of the mouse.
Allow FullCovered to access music players
Fullcovered requires access to the music player to get information about the track from and control the music player. To allow this app to access the music player, you can click OK to the popup window when you launch this app for the first time. You can also set this in the system preferences (System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Privacy / Automation).
- Loved and rating: shows different items depending on the music player. Apple Music shows both loved and rating with read/write (Apple Music streaming service only supports loved feature). Spotify shows read-only rating(popularity) only. Hermes shows loved only, with read/write attributes.
- Artwork position: the position of the artwork on screen. "L/R Toggle" means that the artwork position changes at every new track.
- Get artwork from a third-party database if available: get artwork from a third-party DB when playing Apple Music streaming. This app tries to find the best match by using the track's name, artist or album name. The artwork may not be found or mismatch.
- Toggle multiple artworks: In the local library of Apple Music or iTunes, a track can have more than one artwork. If this field is checked, FullCovered shows the artworks in turn at every time interval set by "Toggle interval (sec)".
- Back to the video list after playing video: If not checked, YouTube videos related to the video just played will be played continuously.
- Autoplay video of your next track: The videos corresponding to your music list are played continuously. The video is the first video from YouTube search for your music.
- Search YouTube by: This is a search parameter provided by YouTube.
- Exclude restricted content: This is a search parameter provided by YouTube.
- Sort by priority: Show your preferred video at the top by sorting the title of YouTube search results.
- Exclude lyrics video: Try to exclude lyrics videos from YouTube search results.
- Exclude cover video: Try to exclude cover videos from YouTube search results.
- Alternative play: check this button to play videos in countries where YouTube Music doesn't support.
- Max waiting time to video start: Increase this time if "Back to the video list after playing video" is checked and this app returns to your video list directly after playing an ad.
* FullCovered uses YouTube API services to search videos and music.youtube.com to play the video.
"Back to the video list after playing video" and "Autoplay video of your next track" may occasionally not work correctly due to the ad. video.
YouTube has a limit on the maximum quota of video searches per day. This limit refers to the total number of searches for this application, not the number of searches per user.
The search field on the youtube page doesn't work properly because it uses a key-mapping from the app hotkey to the YouTube hotkey.
- Start a music player with FullCovered: FullCovered invokes the selected music player when launching. If the selected music player is "Auto selection", this app doesn't invoke any player.
- Prevent display and computer sleeping while playing: If this setting is on, FullCovered prevents the system from sleeping while a track is playing. If this setting is off, or a player's state is paused, stopped or etc., it follows the system settings of macOS.
- In Apple Music streaming: When adding a track by "Play Next" or "Play Later", Apple Music or iTunes doesn't support information of the track.
- In Apple Music streaming: Sometimes, it fails to get artwork from the third-party DB when opening this app. It could happen due to a slow network or slow response from the DB server.
- In Apple Music Library (Catalina): It doesn't support displaying multiple artworks at this moment(Jan 2020) due to Apple API issues. This feature will be back after Apple API supports it.
- Update from the old version: If the app crashes at launch, delete the following files and folder (FullCovered.app, ~/Library/Preferences/com.smk.FullCovered.plist and ~/Library/Caches/com.smk.FullCovered) and reinstall the app.
- When playing a video: If you encounter a message like on the left, check "Alternative play" in the preferences. By checking this option, you can play a video in areas where YouTube Music doesn't support. Some features for YouTube in the preferences may not work properly with this option.
Improvements & Updates
- Play videos in areas where YouTube Music doesn't support
. should check "Alternative play" in the Preferences
- Skip-Ads when playing a video with a keyboard shortcut
Improvements & Updates
- add an option to change the display order of track information
. change the font size of the title and artist relatively
- performance enhancement
- fixed a crash when using ”Create Station" in Music
- fixed an issue where a video is still playing after it got back to the video list page
Improvements & Updates
- YouTube embedded !!
. find a video of your favorite music and play it
. start a video in fullscreen automatically
. search and sort videos according to your preference
. support keyboard shortcuts to search and play video
- improve user interface
. player control buttons, preferences icons, etc.
- potential error in reading and saving user preference values
- artwork ratio when playing Spotify and Hermes
improves the shortcut input method more intuitively in the Preferences (Re-registration required)
disables a pop-up alert window when players are not activated after boot
shows release notes in 'Check for Updates' window and, changes UI of Download window
fixes mouse didn't disappear when the app became a key window
fixes reset action in the Preferences, which didn't reset recently added buttons: reset is applied to each preference tab separately
adds control buttons for player
previous, play/pause, next, fast forward, rewind
FF and RW work only with Apple Music
automatically shows and hides by mouse movement
fixes the app stuck when Music is in sleep mode: this occurred only after system boot
- Version 1.0.4
enhance artwork match for Apple Music streaming
for Catalina, displaying multiple artworks was disabled temporarily
fix : changing hotkey doesn't work on first try
many feature enhancements and bug fixes.
- Version 1.0.0
finally, support artwork for Apple Music streaming
enhance stability in changing artwork image, etc.
- Version 0.9.1
support macOS 10.15, Catalina
fix : some fonts are not displayed
- Version 0.8.7
fix : renewal of code signing certificate of Apple
- Version 0.8.6
fix : codec information doesn't show properly after track changes
fix : application has been blocked for a few minutes when Spotify is automatically launched at boot time
- Version 0.8.4
Support Spotify and Hermes(Pandora client) as well as iTunes
Select a music player manually or automatically
Show/hide the current music player's icon
Support custom hotkeys
Added a volume control bar
Improved stability and performance
Suppress beep sound when a hot-key hits
- Version 0.5.3
Add track info.: loved and rating of the track
Add option: show/hide each information of the track
Add option: start iTunes with FullCovered
Add function for check for update
Add hot keys: hit 'h' for the hotkeys' list
Adjust spaces between the track information
Improve many things... & bug fix
- Version 0.3.4
font size changes automatically depending on size of the window.
fit artwork to it's full size on screen even if it is not a square.
bug fix: elapsed progress time is truncated.
- Version 0.3.2
hide window frame
bug fix: preference setting by reset, close and apply
- Version 0.3.1
hotkey: 'n' for forced change to the next artwork
bug fix: artwork and vinyl position
- Version 0.2.1
reset preferences to defaults
auto resizing artwork and vinyl image
- Version 0.1.3
show current progress time
- Version 0.1.2
prevent computer sleep
add artwork position: left, right, toggle
hotkeys: 'v' for the vinyl view, 'm' for multiple artworks
- Version 0.1.0